The secure software is the biggest need of today. Web applications have become a must to have component in organizations with the uptime of 24/7 offering secure data access to customers, employees, partners, and suppliers. With numerous products offering security solutions to application layer for protecting enterprise data often they fail to do so. Hackers find ways to carry out malicious activities and put organization reputation at stake. It is important to revamp the entire software development mechanism by adopting secure development life cycle and right combinations of testing methods to make the software self-resilient to safeguard the data.
Varutra application security testing experts adopt an end-to-end approach for applications security. Our methodologies incorporate various elements of application security across all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to enhance overall security posture of the critical business applications.
Varutra offers customized services to the client as per their environment and application types(thick client / thin client).
Varutra is specialized in performing following services in application security space;
Varutra consultants simulate a hacker’s mindset to identify security holes in target web application , including OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities along with vulnerabilities related to business logic and implementation.
The web application assessment methodology utilizes combination of automated and manual assessment processes aimed at finding security flaws in the application. Preliminary activities include identification of application layout and points of risks of relatively large magnitude. After this phase tests are initiated to discover vulnerabilities in the application, leveraging novel and latest vulnerability detection and penetration testing techniques. Findings are aggregated, compiled and a detailed report is created and delivered.
Security vulnerabilities discovered during assessments are classified on the basis of the business impact they inflict on organization.
A comprehensive source code analysis involves a security expert with strong development experience and proven analytical capabilities, examine the source code of your application to identify programming and logical errors.
The aim is to examine the source code of the application and identify vulnerabilities before the application is deployed. Varutra consultants understand the application business objectives, its design and the technologies used for its implementation. Application threat profile is created to identify critical code areas to concentrate during the code analysis. Blend of open source and commercial code analysis tools will be used followed by manual verification approaches, clubbed with general and best practices of coding standards respective to various platforms. Our experts also recommend the cost-effective and practical remediation strategies specific to your organization in order to control/mitigate/prevent these defects.
Varutra Source Code Analysis phases are
- Understand Application Goals, Design & Technology Used
- Build Application Threat Profile, Interview Developers, Architects
- Preliminary Code Scans
- Detailed Code Analysis
- Manual Code Review
- Report Documentation
Varutra combines one or more services as per the need and requirement with the aim to enable our clients to use robust and secure applications with enhanced business throughput.
The Varutra Advantage
- Testing is carried out by application security experts in various application technologies and platforms.
- Follows industry best practices and guidelines such as the open web application security project ( OWASP), the Web Application Security Consortium (WASC) and open source security testing methodology manual (OSSTMM)
- High emphasis on manual verification along with automated tools (open source and commercial) based testing.
- Vulnerability correlation facilitates in verification of automated and manually identified vulnerabilities and eliminating false positives.
- Our Reporting describes the root cause of the flaw and suggest business/application specific remediation and supports organization in achieving target compliance requirements.