Special Security Services
In Cloud Computing resources such as computing power, storage, network and software are abstracted and provided as services on the Internet in a remotely accessible fashion. Categories of Cloud computing are Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Also cloud can be deployed as Public, Private, Hybrid or Community.
Cloud computing has its own challenges when it comes to Information Security. It is of utmost important to protect the critical data and systems in the cloud.
Varutra's Security Assessment services helps organizations reduce exposure to risk, protect data assets and minimize the impact of security related events on business activity. Our services are highly customizable to suite client's needs as per the cloud services and deployment model they have adopted for the business.
Varutra offers Cloud Vulnerability Assessment, Cloud Penetration Testing services for the information systems and applications running in the cloud. We also offer a unique Cloud Security Audit, which is a comprehensive analysis and review of the security of the Information Systems from the perspective of working of the internal controls. And policies. This analysis is essential to determine the security and effectiveness of the controls, which are in place.
Varutra's consultants creates best practices & methodologies for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and security of information /data hosted in the cloud and uses blend of automated tool and manual techniques to identify security issues in categories such as:
- Connection & Data Transmission
- Authentication & Authorization
- Intrusion Detection & Protection
- Server Virtualization Patch Management
- Segregation of Duties
- Granted Access
- Removal of Access Rights
- Process for periodic Review of Access
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Understanding of risk posed by known / unknown entities.
- Emulate behavior of skilled malicious attacker & Identify potential vulnerability.
- Minimize the risk by mitigating root causes of the vulnerabilities.
Reverse engineering is "the process of discovering the technological principles of a mechanical application through analysis of its structure, function and operation. That involves sometimes taking something apart and analyzing its workings in detail, usually with the intention to construct a new device or program that does the same thing without actually copying anything from the original."
Varutra offers the reverse engineering service where target software or product is reverse engineered to extract its design and implementation details, understand its internal interactions with different software components. The entire process is carried out to uncover security issues, vulnerabilities, to exploit its weaknesses and to strengthen its defenses.
Varutra offers highly strategic and customized solution to test a product, software with various techniques and our expertise in reverse engineering.
Black Box Testing
In Black Box Testing of a product / software Varutra follow completely different approach than traditional vulnerability testing. Varutra consultants will fuzz the target software to find out critical vulnerabilities usually not identified in traditional testing. In addition to find out known security issues zero day security testing approach is followed to analyze unknown vulnerabilities in the software product.
In Binary Audit activity of reverse engineering following key points are included:
- Review and test anti-debugging protections
- Review and test runtime control-flow obfuscation layers
- Review and test licensing mechanisms
- Look for and identify for any Malware, Trojan Injection or malicious code
Binary audit is essentially carried out on software product binaries, executable, dll's, libraries, etc.
Fuzzing: Fuzz Testing or Fuzzing is a software testing technique used to discover coding errors and security loopholes in software, operating systems or networks by inputting massive amounts of random data, called fuzz, to the system in an attempt to make it crash, generates errors. Various techniques including mutation based fuzzing and generation based fuzzing are applied.
Varutra uses custom approach suitable for the clients by combining fuzzing and reverse engineering in black box vulnerability testing.
- Help is checking whether the software is performing any harmful, unethical or illegal activities.
- Assist in malware analysis in case of malware infections of the network, product etc.
- Test the robustness of an application's licensing.
- Get the application tested by industry expertise and produce realistic report for your product security.