IT Support (Systems & Network)
IT Support(Systems & Network)
|IT Support (Systems & Network)|
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish networking environment by system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating on network optimization.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Install, configure, and test operating systems, application software, and system management tools on Windows, Linux operating system platforms.
- Familiar with various TCP/IP and network communication protocols such as SMTP, SNMP, NTP, SSH, RDP and many others.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Handling wireless network, attendance systems, antivirus, etc.
- Maintain and supervise the assets as well as software inventory with assets warranty tracking.
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Upgrade network equipment’s to the latest stable firmware releases post appropriate testing.
- Configure routing and switching, VPN tunnels, hosted services and firewalls as and when desired.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Handle data backup, installation and configuration of backup solutions.
- Respond to day-to-day IT support operations and provide immediate assistance.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Ensure ticket queues are always within satisfactory limits and all tickets are handled as per SLA’s.
- Responsible in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation and present the same to the management.
- Availability to work on flexible hours, rotating shifts as necessary, working weekends, off hours and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Intense thirst for knowledge, innovation, support and automation.
- Hands on exposure to various networking device, appliances, solutions.
- Knowledge on cloud based network installation, management and security etc.
- Basic understanding on various cyber-attacks, attack patterns, attack vectors, etc.
- Working knowledge of productivity tools such as – MS office suite.
- Ability to handle pressure and challenging situations with key stakeholders and critical clients.
- Equivalent Information Security Certifications (CompTIA A+, N+, Security+, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE).
- Graduate or Master’s degree (BE / BTech / MCA / MSc).