Vulnerability Management & Patch Management Consultant
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Required Experience: 3-6 Years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Categorize and prioritize vulnerabilities based on asset criticality, severity, and defined SLA’s as per information security policy / guidelines.
- Define and fine-tune the process of security patch deployment including patch type, priority, dependency on various factors throughout the organization by interacting with the various systems & applications owners, data center teams, SOC teams.
- Advice the client teams in creating test environment with the best possible scenarios, applicability, with minimum budget.
- Identify applicable vulnerabilities and coordinate with infrastructure / systems / applications owner for prioritized deployment & fixing of issues within the defined period.
- Analyze and provide advisory support to respective infrastructure, systems, software development team for fixing issues & patch deployment.
- Maintain & Deliver Vulnerability Remediation / Patch Management Tracker.
- Work collaboratively with IT operations and application teams to ensure identified vulnerabilities due to mis-configurations are fixed in line with policy for maintaining compliance.
- Continuous follow-up with IT Infrastructure & systems teams on closure status as per agreed timelines.
- Follow escalation matrix process and highlight issues / support required for timely closure from senior management.
- Provide inputs / feedback to Vulnerability Management Process and Patch Management Process. Review and provide feedback on hardening baseline update if any.
- Report to client team in a systematic manner with periodical reports / statistics and road map on improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with coordination skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Sound knowledge on cyber security, vulnerability management, risk assessment, patch management.
- Effective decision-making abilities.
- Equivalent Information Security Certifications (CEH, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management).
- Graduate or master’s degree (BE / BTech / MCA / MS in Information Security)
- Any Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree